Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New plan of action (Math)

Heard back from Drew's teacher regarding the information I submitted in the previous post. She too has revised Drew's schedule so that we can slow her down in Math.

Consequently, I am currently rerunning the scheduler every morning so that the Math assignments do not show overdue. Instead, we are working out of our workbooks or creating our own worksheets for the kids to refresh what they have already worked through.

I have backed-up Wolfie (7th grader) to refresh some of his basic multiplication and division until he is comfortable (maybe a few more days of this), and then will move forward into some of the algebraic mathematics we had touched on in the beginning of this year.

As for Drew (3rd grader), we have reverted back into adding and subtracting 3 digit numbers as well as multiplication of one-digit numbers. She did very well last night, and again I believe a few more days of this, and they will feel they have mastered these processes.

I don't know how much time was actually "bought" when our teachers revised our schedules, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now, and staying focused on our current plan of action.

Although Thanksgiving holidays are just around the corner, I'll probably be the "mean" parent and have the children continue to work several of those days off, just to keep them focused as well as an attempt to get them caught up in a more timely manner. No matter, they'll still have plenty of time off.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment